Please find below a link to BAN’s Legal Alert on Notice 2020-76, which extends the deadline to provide
March 31, 2020: Humana Waiving Member Cost Share for COVID-19 Treatment
Humana has made some recent announcements that will expand telehealth access to physicians for COVID-19 while waiving member cost shares for COVID-19 treatment.
The waiver applies to all medical costs related to the treatment of COVID-19 as well as FDA-approved medications or vaccines when they become available. There is no current end date. Humana will reassess as circumstances change.
The company’s announcement is part of its overall efforts to accelerate and stabilize access to care for members affected by COVID-19. Humana is also:
- Lifting administrative requirements for members infected with coronavirus and for all patients in settings where capacity is stretched by the needs of those infected by coronavirus. The change allows for unencumbered movement from inpatient hospitals to safe, medically appropriate post-acute care settings, including home health, long-term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, etc. The company continues to evaluate additional measures needed to eliminate administrative burdens across a broader spectrum of care.
- Waiving member cost share for all telehealth services delivered by participating/in-network providers and accepting audio-only telephone visits for reimbursement
- Waiving the out-of-pocket costs (copays, coinsurance and deductibles) associated with COVID-19 testing, including related visit costs in a range of clinical settings such as a physician’s office, urgent care center or emergency department
- Allowing early prescription refills, so members can prepare for extended supply needs – an extra 30- or 90-day supply as appropriate
- Providing a member-support line with specially trained call center employees to help support members with specific coronavirus questions and concerns, including live assistance with telehealth.
For updated news on Humana’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
Disclaimer: Please note that these policies are subject to change due to carrier, local government, state government, or federal government regulation.