March 30, 2020: Aetna AFA COVID-19 Response
Aetna is mindful of the many challenges small business customers and their employees are experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many customers are experiencing slower sales, reductions in hours, layoffs and more. Aenta’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Sheet describes options for Aetna’s small group customers during this dynamic time.
To view Aetna’s FAQ Sheet answering the questions below, click here.
- Our company is reducing hours and/or laying off staff due to the COVID-19 crisis. Are we able to keep our employees covered on our AFA plan?
- If I terminate an employee due to reduction in hours, can I waive the waiting period when the employee resumes working 30+ hours?
- My company is being forced to shut down by state/government orders. Can we keep our Small Group insurance?
- My company is going out of business due to economic downturn. Can we keep our AFA plan?
- Are my employees eligible for COBRA if or when we do layoffs?
- I have reduced my employees’ hours and they are no longer able to afford their portion of the health insurance premium. Can they terminate the coverage without a qualifying event?
- Will Aetna offer a grace period for AFA Max Liability due to the COVID-19 crisis?
- Our company is not able to afford our plan. Are there options to change benefits before our renewal?
- Our company is terminating our plan. Are we required to give a 30-day term notice?
- Will Aetna modify rates for changes in enrollment greater than 10 percent?
For updated news on Aetna’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
Disclaimer: Please note that these policies are subject to change due to carrier, local government, state government, or federal government regulation.